Healthy Recipe Ideas For Weight Loss
Healthy recipes for weight loss is probably the first thing you consider when you are trying to lose weight. Working out and eating correctly will help promote a healthy and steady loss of weight. So it is important to make sure that you are getting all of the nutrients that you need and especially drinking plenty of water.
There are certain foods that are considered super foods that will help promote healthy weight loss. You can eat these foods every day and incorporate them into your diet. Most of them are common foods that you hear of every day and probably already use and most of them you can use as medicine by fighting off disease before it happens. Thus the advice from Dr. Daniel Amen, in his book Use Your Brain To Change Your Age, let food be your medicine.
- Wild Salmon
- Bee Pollen
- Olive Oil
- Almonds and Almond Butter
- most herbs and spices
- Horseradish Root
- Ginger root
- White Onion
- Cayenne Pepper
Dr. Richard Schulze, one of the nation’s most renown naturopaths and herbologists uses the last 5 ingredients in this list for an immune booster that I’ve been taking for about 5 years. Since I’ve been taking it, I’ve had the flu only once and never have caught a cold, sinus infection or any other illness. I know of someone who was released home from the hospital, to die, with terminal cancer because all of the drugs that failed to cure him. He took this immune booster for 8 months and completely cleansed his body of cancer. The nice thing about it is that you use nothing but food for this immune booster. It’s clear evidence that you can use food for your medicine. All of these foods above can be incorporated into any of your daily meals and they will provide you with many benefits. They each have their own contribution to the body and all help to promote a healthy body. The weight loss is just an added benefit.
Some ideas of recipes that are healthy and promote weight loss can be found below. These recipes all are a spin on famous foods that we like to eat. The change is in the ingredients used and when you supplement for the new ingredient the meal becomes healthier for you.
- You should try chicken meatballs one night instead of ground beef meatballs. The chicken is better for you than the beef and it provides a light dinner. The chicken meatballs can be baked instead of fried which will eliminate the fatty oils.
- Roasted veggie and bean tacos are a good substitute for traditional tacos. You can still enjoy a taco night with the family so don’t worry. In this recipe, you can use veggies and black beans to replace the meat. The veggies are crisp and make the tacos delicious.
- Shrimp stew is a good alternative to traditional soups. The soup is light and provides a much lighter base than other soups. It is made from marinating shrimp and using jasmine rice to help thicken the soup. You can add veggies like spinach to enhance the flavor profile.
- Quinoa is a great and healthy substitute for rice. It is a very versatile ingredient and can be used in many different dishes. It provides a nutty flavor and is simply scrumptious. It contains a lot of fiber and protein to help promote weight loss for you. You can serve it alone, as a side dish, or in salads. The options for quinoa are endless.
- Lentil chili is a great spin on regular chili that uses ground beef. This chili is made using beans, onions, tomatoes, and seasonings. The beans are fatty in omega 3s which benefit your body. It can be eaten alone or served over rice.
- Chicken scaloppini is a great idea. Served with a sauce made from olive oil and lemons, garlic, and seasoning. This lighter meal will turn out to be delicious.
- Salmon cakes are a twist on crab cakes and are healthier for you. They can be made using a canned salmon and mayonnaise. Both ingredients are also high in omega 3s which help your body and promote good health. To spice the meal up, even more, you can roll the cakes in sesame seeds.